The Center for Family Development offers free voluntary home visitation services to parents who are expecting or who have of newborns under the age of three months.
Did you know that?
- Babies begin learning at birth—and
the first three years are the most
critical to their future learning.
- Parents need the most current informaiton
on how babies grow and develop.
- The first years of life are also
when children learn to trust and
- Early parent-child contact sets
the stage for all the relationships
a child will have.
Parenting is the most difficult and important job anyone will ever have. Our program provides expectant and new parents with support and assistance to foster a safe and nurturing environment for their children. We offer:
- Help with relieving the stress that a new baby brings.
- Information on infant care, health care, nutrition, and safety.
- Information about childhood growth and development.
- Educational materials to help with parenting skills and tools to strengthen family life.
- Linkakage to other resources families may need.
- Help so families can identfy their strenghts and set future goals.
Healthy Families – Shelbyville Office
Serving: Bedford, Franklin, Lincoln and Marshall Counties
100 East Side Square
Shelbyville, Tennessee 37160
931-684-4676 (fax) 931-684-5140
Healthy Families – Clarksville Office
Serving: Montgomery County
1510 Madison Street
Clarksville, Tennessee 37040
931-645-3976 (fax) 931-645-3934
To learn more about Healthier Beginnings click on the link below: